Cleaning the oven rack can be a daunting task, especially when it’s covered in stubborn food residue and grease. In this comprehensive guide, we’ll explore why oven racks get dirty, the challenges of cleaning them, and an innovative and natural method to make your oven rack look like new again.
Oven grill: why it gets dirty
The oven is a versatile appliance in the kitchen, with internal grills allowing for various cooking setups. The oven rack, positioned at different heights using a sliding system, inevitably becomes dirty during the cooking process. Much like stovetops, cleaning the oven rack can be complicated, and conventional cleaning chemicals may not always deliver on their promises.
Fortunately, a quick and natural method exists to effectively degrease the oven rack, offering a surprising solution that will leave you amazed.
How to clean it quickly
Gather your materials
– A large garbage bag
– Dishwasher detergent tablet or common laundry detergent
– Bowl for the detergent mixture
– Hot water
– Baking soda (3-4 tablespoons)
The cleaning process
– Place the oven rack in a large garbage bag.
– Use a dishwasher detergent tablet or substitute with common laundry detergent.
– Dissolve the detergent in hot water in a bowl.
– Add baking soda to create a powerful cleaning mixture.
– Pour the liquid into the bag, ensuring it’s not too thick.
– Seal the bag tightly to prevent leaks.
– Let the oven rack rest in the bag for at least two hours (extend for heavily soiled racks).
– After the time has elapsed, remove the oven rack and rinse it under running water.
– No scrubbing is necessary, and your oven rack will be like new and ready for use.