Some people are not in the habit of removing chargers from outlets after charging their electronic devices.
However, not many people are aware of the possible consequences of such a habit.
What can happen if you leave the charger in the outlet?
Even in standby mode, there is a component inside the charger that continues to draw electricity. Though the power consumption is low, it still exists.
If you leave the charger constantly plugged into an outlet, this causes it to overheat, which can accelerate the wear of its internal components, such as capacitors.
In the event of a sudden change in voltage, the charger connected to the mains may overheat and start smoking, which in some cases can cause a fire.
It’s also important to keep your home safe, especially if you have young children or pets. A charger plugged into an outlet with a cord connected may present a risk of electric shock.