1. There is an enduring tenderness in the love of a mother to a son that transcends all other affections of the heart.
2. If a man has been his mother’s undisputed darling he retains throughout life the triumphant feeling, the confidence in success, which not seldom brings actual success along with it.
3. Let your boys test their wings. They may not be eagles, but that doesn’t mean they shouldn’t soar free.
4. It is not flesh and blood, but heart which makes us fathers and sons.
5. Happy is the son whose faith in his mother remains unchallenged.
6. Do I want to be a hero to my son? No. I would like to be a very real human being. That’s hard enough.
7. My wild, wild son, run free. Ooh, you’ll know it when you’re where you’re supposed to be.
8. Listen, my son, to your father’s instructions and do not forsake your mother’s teaching.
9. Yet now in my arms I was holding a helpless baby boy who would grow into a man… I cannot imagine that soft little face one day having whiskers.
10. He doesn’t know you’re watching him, but in this special, reflective moment, you realize he’s growing up. I mean, really growing up.
11. Though our new son is barely a part of our present, we look at his squirming, warm bundle of future potential and say to ourselves, ‘Hello, little man.’ Little do we know the adventure we are beginning!
12. If the relationship of father to son could really be reduced to biology, the whole earth would blaze with the glory of fathers and sons.
13. Until you have a son of your own, you will never know what that means. You will never know the joy beyond joy, the love beyond feeling that resonates in the heart of a father as he looks upon his son.
14. Mothers all want their sons to grow up to be president, but they don’t want them to become politicians in the process.
15. One of the greatest gifts you can give your teenage boy is the gift of letting him know you get it. You’ve been there.