Of all the things in your apartment to keep clean, I am guessing your mattress hasn’t made the list. But you should be periodically deep-cleaning the place you spend nearly one-third of your entire life. Along with refreshing your bed, this easy cleaning DIY also ensures a better night’s sleep. There’s no need for harsh chemicals or expensive concoctions. My Grandma taught me a clever and simple trick that helped me get rid of all this dirt from my mattress. The trick is effective, simple and fast, and your mattress will look like new after that.
All you need is baking soda powder.
Because baking soda powder contains crystals drier than anything in their environment, they help absorb dirt and moisture from the mattress.
At the same time, these crystals also help get rid of unpleasant odors.
How to clean the mattress effectively
1. The first thing you need to do is take a vacuum cleaner and vacuum the mattress well.
2. Now take the baking soda powder and spread it evenly all over the mattress.
3. Leave the mattress for a few hours. The Baking soda will disinfect the mattress during this time and kill the bacteria.
4. Carefully use the vacuum cleaner again – this time to get rid of the baking soda powder left on the mattress. If you have trouble getting everything back, use a smaller head for the vacuum cleaner.
5. Finish with a few drops of essential oil for a pleasant scent.
6. Your mattress should be like new!
In the video below, which has been viewed millions of times already, you can see how baking soda powder can be used to clean carpets and furniture.
In addition, the video explains the benefits of using baking soda.