Having a daughter is undoubtedly a blessing, though raising a little girl with a high self-esteem in a world saturated with digitally altered images of perfect women can be a real challenge.
Here are 18 quotes about daughters that will touch your heart:
1. A son is a son till he takes him a wife, a daughter is a daughter all of her life.
2. To a father growing old nothing is dearer than a daughter.
3. A daughter may outgrow your lap, but she will never outgrow your heart.
4. A mother’s treasure is her daughter.
5. A daughter is a bundle of firsts that excite and delight, giggles that come from deep inside and are always contagious, everything wonderful and precious and your love for her knows no bounds.
7. A daughter is a treasure- and a cause of sleeplessness.
8. Our daughters are the most precious of our treasures, the dearest possessions of our homes and the objects of our most watchful love.
9. A daughter is one of the most beautiful gifts this world has to give.
10. Old as she was, she still missed her daddy sometimes.
11. Daughters understand as they grow older, they become good friends.
12. A daughter can lead to baldness, but the remainder of the road is just as smooth.
13. What the daughter does, the mother did.
14. We gotta start teaching our daughters to be somebodies instead of somebody’s.
15. The more a daughter knows about the details of her mother’s life – without flinching or whining – the stronger the daughter.
16. Not every daughter mourns the loss of a mother.
17. Do not forget to tell your daughters God made them beautiful.
18. Watching your daughter being collected by her date feels like handing over a million dollar Stradivarius to a gorilla.