Until you have buried someone you love, you won’t understand how hard a Holiday, Death Day, Birthday, or any other day is without them.
Powerful Quotes About Losing a Loved One and Coping
1. “Those we love never truly leave us. There are things that death cannot touch.” ― Jack Thorne
2. “When someone you love becomes a memory, the memory becomes a treasure.” – Unknown
3. “The sorrow we feel when we lose a loved one is the price we pay to have had them in our lives.” ― Rob Liano
4. “We never truly get over a loss, but we can move forward and evolve from it.”—Elizabeth Berrien
5. “When he died, all things soft and beautiful and bright would be buried with him.” ― Madeline Miller
6. “Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened.” –Dr. Seuss
7. “Lucky is the spouse who dies first, who never has to know what survivors endure.” —Sue Grafton
8. “They that love beyond the world cannot be separated by it.
For death is no more than a turning of us over from time to eternity.
Death cannot kill what never dies.” – William Penn
9. “Seeing death as the end of life
is like seeing the horizon as the end of the ocean.” – David Searls
10 “The only way to get over a death is by seeing it as a life completed, instead of a life interrupted.” ― Anonymous
11. “The dead never truly die. They simply change form.” ― Suzy Kassem
12. “I love you every day. And now I will miss you every day.” ― Mitch Albom (see these “I miss you” quotes)
13. “Unable are the loved to die. For love is immortality.”—Emily Dickinson
14. “Love is stronger than death even though it can’t stop death from happening, but no matter how hard death tries it can’t separate people from love. It can’t take away our memories either. In the end, life is stronger than death.”—Anonymous
15. “Those we love don’t go away, they walk beside us every day.
Unseen, unheard, but always near; still loved, still missed and very dear.” – Anonymous
15. “Deep down inside we always seek for our departed loved ones” ― Munia Khan
16. “There is a sacredness in tears. They are not the mark of weakness, but of power. They speak more eloquently than ten thousand tongues. They are messengers of overwhelming grief…and unspeakable love.”– Washington Irving
17. Those we love and lose are always connected by heartstrings into infinity. – Terri Guillemets
18. “There is no greater sorrow than to recall happiness in times of misery.”– Dante
19. “For death is no more than a turning of us over from time to eternity.”—William Penn
20. “Death” is never an end, but a To Be Continued…” ― Renée Chae
21. “Your end, which is endless, is as a snowflake dissolving in the pure air.” ~Zen Teaching